Don’t let the summer heat wave be an excuse to skip the fitness routine. Here are six quick tips to remember when you’re seeing triple digits!
1. Remember to get up and out early. You can nap inside during the heat of the day when it’s too hot to do anything else.
2. Remember to drink your water. If you wait until you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. When its hot try to consume 1 ounce of water equal to half your body weight. When exercising hard or sweating
lots increase it to one ounce per pound of body weight. If you consume alcohol remember to drink one full 8 ounce glass of water in between, and for every serving of alcohol.
3. Consume more fruits and veggies, they are full of water and fiber. Keeps things moving.
4. Wear a hat! Protecting ourselves from the rays of the sun is the best thing we can do to prevent skin cancer and W R I N K L E S.
5. Drink more water!
6. Last but not least! Conserve your energy. Contrary to popular belief complaining incessantly about how hot it is does not burn calories. Moving your body does!
I’m skipping my normal Sunday morning “take it slow and rest” to hit the gym early while its cool. Rise and Shine! It’s gym time!